Thursday, October 11, 2012

1.8 - A New Addition




James stayed the night with Illdrid. And this time, he didn’t have to pay her when they made love. He was gone before the sun rose. He didn’t know what would happen with the witch’s power coursing through him. Maybe he’d turn into an evil maniac, lusting for blood and power. Maybe it would eventually cripple him with pain. Maybe he would forget everything about himself. Maybe he’d even die. No matter what happened, he didn’t want Illdrid to witness it. “I’ll be back someday,” he whispered to her, as she slept, and crept out the window.

She awoke the next morning, feeling completely drained. She had given birth, almost lost her baby to a witch, and had sex with a vampire. She looked over to the other side of the bed and saw that James was gone. She frowned. Illdrid didn’t know for certain, but she sensed that she might never see him again. She felt a great emptiness inside, until she heard her baby crying in the living room.

“My sweet baby, Dagon.  I will forever protect you. Even if you weren’t the key to getting us back to the Realm,” she giggled as she tickled his tummy.  And the months went by in this manner – waking up each morning in an empty bed and caring for her baby all day. But a small fear always hung in the back of her mind. Was the witch really gone?

Shae, too, spent a lot of time at home during those months. She also woke up in an empty bed each morning. Her heart was broken, and she hoped that the baby she was carrying would help mend the pain. But she feared that she wouldn’t be a good mother, that she couldn’t be a good mother, to Derek’s baby. Resentment filled her. Maybe she wouldn’t have to be a good mother, anyway. This baby could be her ticket home.

But the more time she spent with baby Dagon, the more Shae realized she would love her own baby with everything she had. The pain of Derek’s betrayed began to ease and she started feeling like her normal self again.

And then during breakfast one morning, Illdrid blurted out, “So, where does Derek live?”

“What?!” Shae responded, nearly spitting out her breakfast.

“Look, I’m sorry. I know you’re incredibly upset about him, still. But I’ve been consumed with nightmares that the witch will be back. I need to know…I need to ask him some things.”

“No,” Shae responded, her eyes full of steel. Illdrid didn’t press further. She would do her research and find him herself.

So with the small amount of money they had, Illdrid bought an old computer from the thrift store. It would serve two purposes. She’d be able to research where Derek might live AND she’d be able to pick up some more of those clients who enjoy cybering. She’d be able to recoup her money in no time!

Shae took care of Dagon while Illdrid spent time on the computer. She knew Illdrid was getting paid for it, and really she enjoyed caring for the baby, but her stomach was so big and she felt so achy. She couldn’t wait until the baby was born so she could get back to her athletic regimen. And her job. Would Derek be there? Would he dare show his face again? She hoped not. She didn’t know what she would do if she had to see him day after day after day.

After weeks of searching, Illdrid could only come up with dead ends. She went out one night, while Shae watched Dagon, to let off some steam. And that’s when she saw him, just standing behind the bar. She snuck up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. “What are you doing here?”

Derek turned around with a grunt. “Oh, it’s you. I’m working. Your sister made it perfectly clear she never wants to see me again. I had to find a new job. It doesn’t matter. I was only in the military to get close to her, anyway. Per Louhi’s orders.”

Illdrid’s eyes widened. “Louhi? Was that the…witch?”

Derek smiled grimly, “Yes. Look. I owe you and your sister an explanation. I hope you relay it to her. I guess I should start at the beginning. When I was born, my parents sold me to Louhi. At least that's what the witch told me. I spent my childhood in her servitude – running errands, cleaning the house. As I grew older, she made me begin experimenting with potions. As a witch, she could cast spells, but any attempts to mix potions failed. I was supposed to be her grand alchemist. Until one of the potions caused me to turn into this monster. Half man, half wolf….I’m too sensitive to the potions now. The smallest touch burns my flesh away. So Louhi consulted her crystal ball, found you and your sister and told me I would earn my freedom if I was able to get the baby from you. He was to become her next alchemist.Your baby was crucial. His diluted Fae blood meant he'd have the easiest time learning which potions to mix, but his predominant human blood would keep the ingredients from burning through his skin.

At first, it was easy. Infiltrating your family unit, getting Shae to trust me. But as I got closer to her, I wanted so badly to warn her. The guilt ate at me every single day. But Louhi was very powerful. She could see me even when she wasn’t here. She would have immediately known. And I thought that would have put us all in more danger.”

 “Do you think she’s really gone? Did James really kill her?”

“I honestly don’t know. I don’t feel her power over me anymore. But that doesn’t mean she’s gone forever. She could just be greatly weakened. Look, Illdrid, I’m very sorry. Tell Shae – tell her I’m sorry. I miss her. I accept her need to be alone, and I won’t try to see our child. But I just want her to know how very sorry I am.”

Illdrid smiled sadly. “I understand. You didn't have much of a choice. She really loved you. Maybe she will forgive you some day.”

Illdrid stopped by the book store and picked a baby book on her way home. “Hey Shea! I got you a present!” 

Shae waddled out of the rocking chair and put Dagon back in his crib. “A present? For me?” She snatched the gift and ripped it open. She grinned. “A parenting book! Now this is going to come in handy. For both of us, I suspect.” 


Shae walked to the kitchen to throw out the wrapping paper and stopped by the sink, doubling over in pain. “Illdrid! I think the book came just in time. I don’t think this baby wants to wait any longer.”
After a few moments of panic, Illdrid called a taxi and sent Shae to the hospital. She promised she would follow, just as soon as she readied Dagon for the trip.

 After a short stay in the hospital, the family returned home with a new addition – baby Aoife. 
----

Single with help is hard. :( I just want my poor little Simmies to be happy. Even Shae, who has commitment issues, keeps rolling wishes to get married. 

Anyway...finally starting to pump out Gen 2. Still have 3 more babies to produce. Illdrid is 3 days away from aging to adulthood and Shae has about 6 days.  So hopefully I can get more babies made before their adulthood goes by! Otherwise I might have to adopt!!

10 comments:

  1. I feel the same way! Single is hard when the Sims don't want to be single!

    I hope Shae and Derek can work things out, it would be good for Aoife to have her Dad in her life! I also hope that is not the last we see of James! *likes James*

    I really like the way you portray the sisters' relationship with each other. It's neat to see how close they are! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I am especially put off when my commitment phobic Sim is rolling marriage wishes. I mean...come on, game. Stop plotting against me. And Story Progression hasn't been particularly nice to Derek. He happens to currently be stalking his boss, who is an elder. They got engaged shortly after his time with Shae. And then they broke up. And now he's a creepy stalker. I was going to write it into the story if they had ended up married, but since they broke up...I'm just pretending like it didn't happen!

      Delete
  2. I hope James is okay. I also hope that Shae and Derek can reconcile at some level, although it would be very hard to forgive his betrayal. His story about the witch was very interesting...I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Louhi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea...James will be fine. I mean, I couldn't kill someone off the first generation. Or could I? MWAHAHAHAAH..... Ahem.

      Delete
  3. Derek's story was pretty sad, but I still don't like him. I hope he dies old and alone somewhere very cold and uncomfortable ^^.

    Can't wait to see what the kids look like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO...old, alone AND cold. Poor Derek. Don't you think the cold is going a little far? ;-)

      Delete
  4. So Derek failed at potions? He must have been in Snapes' class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in work when I saw this comment pop up in my e-mail. I literally laughed out loud. My office mate looked at me like I was nuts.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I know. He didn't MEAN to be a jerk. He wasn't really given much of a choice. Maybe one day he will worm his way back into Shae's heart.

      Delete