Tuesday, September 18, 2012

1.0 - A Fairy Without Wings is No Fairy At All




Shae walked out of the High Council’s building, her world falling apart. They had discovered her family’s secret – that they were not full born Fae. Luckily, her parent’s had died before they could witness this moment, but she and her sister Illdrid were kicked out and condemned to a life amongst the humans.

Illdrid turned to music for solace in their new home. Her clumsy, human sized fingers strummed the strings of the guitar and she delighted in the sounds it made. Maybe this human thing wouldn’t be too bad.

She also tried her hand at cooking when she discovered that plant nectar was no longer enough to sustain them – and in fact, it didn’t even really taste all that good. She chopped up some vegetables she found in the community garden and hoped for the best.

“Illie, this isn’t half bad!” Shae exclaimed in delight. “Everything else in this horrible world sucks, but I suppose food is something to look forward to! But listen, I have a plan to get back home. If we can just prove that our family line is untainted, they’ll have to take us back!”

“Whoa there, Shae. Hold up one second. There is one tiny problem with your plan. Our family line IS tainted. Papa was a human, and we didn’t inherit mama’s powers. Without powers, there is no way convince the council we are full Fae!”

“Exactly, my dear sister. All we have to do is give birth to a baby with powers. They’ll see that we were just a fluke and they’ll have to readmit us! We HAVE to go home.”

“I don’t see this working…”

“I don’t care. We must try! Promise me you’ll help us get home,” Shae began to tear up.

Illdrid couldn’t bear to see her twin cry and agreed hesitantly.

Illdrid took her promise very seriously and immediately went out to try to find a suitable partner. She arrived and the swankiest club and noticed the two bartenders watching the woman playing piano on stage. She tried to dance with them, but they just ignored her.

Feeling unswayed, she hopped up onstage and began playing bass with the piano player. Unfortunately, this did not have the desired effect and the bartenders wandered back to their appointed positions. Illdrid pouted and wondered to herself, ‘Why doesn’t anyone like me? Do I smell funny? No…no I smell fine. And I think I look pretty okay. All arms and legs, but it’s the best I can do in this form. Maybe my best just isn’t good enough. Shae will be so disappointed with my progress.’

Illdrid sulked over to the bar and sullenly ordered a drink.  Glass in hand, she stared up at the tender and asked, “Mr. Bartender, why don’t you find me appealing.”

He stared off into the distance and smirked a bit, “Listen, honey. You’re not exactly my type. My ah, partner and I – you know, the other bartender – we own this joint.”

Realization sunk in and Illdrid’s eyes widened. “Oh my,” she softly exclaimed with a giggle. “Well, that makes me feel an awful lot better!”

Meanwhile, Shae was at her earth dwelling, feeling sorry for herself while washing the dishes. The funds the council had imparted on them were swiftly dwindling and they had no way to support themselves once it ran out.

She heard the door click open and called out to her sister, “Hey Illie. You could have cleaned up before you left! I don’t enjoy getting all soggy.” Her complaints were met with silence. She turned around in a huff, but her sister wasn’t there. She wandered to their shared room, but no one was there either. The bathroom was empty as well. Only the extra room remained. 

A masked man was standing there. He had shoved the baby’s crib she had just purchased into a large bag and pushed past Shae. As he ran out of the house, she thought she heard him shouting about how they needed nicer stuff.

She threw her hands up in the air and cried for the nursery. Where would her future child sleep now?!

***
Well here's my second go at a Random Legacy which will hopefully not end in fiery glitches from SimHell. (As is usually what happens to my game...)  So here is the first generation rolls.
Family Structure: Single with help
Number of children: Five
Primary Career: Military
Secondary Career: Busker (I will be substituting this for the "Professional WooHooer" from Twallan's mod)
Generational Goal: Hobby or Obsession (Since I will not be using busker as my career, the hobby will be music.)
Miscellaneous Fun: Multi-Cultural

So, ah, yea. This is going to be one...CRAZY generation. Now I know, technically, with the single/help roll that the primary person's child(ren) are the only ones eligible to be heirs. However, since this is the first generation, the founders are siblings, and it makes the most sense storywise...I'm having both of them have children and allowing any one of them to become the heir. I know this is breaking the rules, but I'm feeling rebellious! ;-)

12 comments:

  1. This looks like it could be fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yea! I think it's going to be quite an adventure. If only the townie Sims would cooperate. They're so difficult to meet, and when I do finally get to meet them, they're already partnered up and less than willing to be unfaithful. I think it's EA's stupid reputation system. I had to intervene a couple of time's with Twallan's MC.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! The roll was really challenging, but I thought the idea that they were trying to breed a fairy baby would be an interesting way to explain why all the babies had different daddies!

      Delete
  3. What a fun idea---siblings trying to get back to Fairyland---or whatever it is called. lol And someone is going to have a naughty career!

    Great start! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The career doesn't make a whole lot of money, so it's going to be one broke generation.

      Delete
  4. Great start, I love your premise.
    And good luck, I know those glitches can be awful.
    Psst, here's a secret: I might be breaking the rule too in my next generation and choose the sibling/help's child rather than the heir's as the next heir. We can be rebels together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - I'm just starting on your legacy now, nice beginning and very very odd combination you rolled - tough for a founder start but you're doing great - stick with it!

    I laughed at the funny moment with the bartender. I imagine fairies to be quite naive and somewhat gullible to human drama and also with a tendency to blurt things out without tact, which is what made that a perfect scene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. Yes, I also figured fairies to be quite naive. And they end up doing rather silly things like rushing into relationships!

      Delete
  6. I'm late to the party, but I finally got a chance to read!

    I love your backstory. It's so neat and different. I can't wait to see how you deal with this roll, it looks so challenging!

    Second, I love the bar scene and the fact that the burglar stole the crib. Of course the burglar would steal the crib! It's almost like the fairy world sent the burglar to thwart their plans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty sure this roll is going to be the death of me.

    Funny thing about the burglar. The town I'm using is from GOS. I initially started the game on my desktop PC. First night...burglar came and stole the crib.But the PC doesn't play nice with the Sims. So I started a new game on my laptop. SAME THING! It was a little bizarre.

    ReplyDelete