Monday, September 24, 2012

1.3 - A Lady of the Evening




Shea sensed that her sister was feeling down, so she forced her into a trip to the local dive bar. She ordered two beers and tried to coax Illdrid into opening up to her.

Illdrid pushed away from the bar, but Shae followed. Knowing she wouldn’t be able to outrun her twin, Illdrid said, “I don’t want to do this anymore. I don’t know how to be with these men casually. It burns my heart up.”

Shae giggled a little, “Oh don’t be so melodramatic! You’ve just approached this in the most emotional manner possible. Just step back a bit and think about it all logically. Don’t worry, we’ll get it sorted out.”

Later that night, back at their house, Shae approached Illdrid again. “I’ve got the perfect solution! You can register as a, erh, “Professional.”

Illdrid’s eyes widened in horror. “You want me to WHAT?! No. I’m sick of your crazy scheme to get back to the Realm. If you’d step back from your delusions, you’d realize this place isn’t that bad!”


Shae felt briefly offended before continuing on determinedly, “Hey now, hear me out. It will allow you to have as many partners as you can. When you get pregnant, you won’t even have to tell them it’s their child! Plus…it would bring in some extra money for us. We’re barely getting by with my job alone. Do you want us to starve?”

Illdrid knew deep down that Shae was being really selfish. But she did make a good point about the money. So the following morning, she went to City Hall. An elderly woman sat behind the desk and barely looked at her as she filled out the necessary paperwork.'

“Alright, deary.  Your ad will run in tomorrow’s paper. Good luck,” the woman said on Illdrid’s way out.

She broke down into tears when she got home, immediately regretting what she had just done. But there was no turning back now. She just hoped she could live with herself each morning.
 - - - - 
Woo short chapter! But Illdrid finally has a career. If you can call it that. Since the chapter was so short, here are some pictures from when my town was overrun by Zombies!
Zombie Illdrid wants BRRAAAAIIINNNSSS
Mmm, Shae. Your brains look so tasty!
Yaaaawn. Being a zombie is SOOOOOO boring.

10 comments:

  1. Yikes! Poor Illdrid! :(

    Cute zombie pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Having zombies take over was kind of horrifying, but they are rather amusing.

      Delete
  2. Whew! Finally made my way over to your wonderful legacy. ;)

    Is it me, or does Illdrid resemble Snow White (especially in that dress with that hair) A LOT? Or maybe that was intended?? Either way, she's adorable.

    Anyway - I echo Nirar. Poor Illdrid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I didn't notice how much the neckline on that dress plunges - it's a modern Snow White. ;)

      Delete
    2. Yaaaaaayy! I was wondering if anyone would notice. I actually created a twin from Shae, and tweaked a few features. When I chose the hairstyle for Illdrid, I was like, Holy Crap! She looks like Snow White! So...I figured I'd just go with it.

      Delete
  3. I loved that the old woman at city hall didn't even bat an eye at her chosen profession for registration hahah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I thought that would be a bit amusing. And since they're Sims, instead of...real people, I figured I'd set them in a place where "woohoo" is completely safe (other than the potential for oopsie babies!) and perfectly legal and normal as a profession.

      Delete
  4. That's a unique solution, Shae...I hope Illdrid knows what she's getting herself into!

    The zombie pictures at the end are hilarious. For a minute I thought they were part of the story and I was like, WHAT HAPPENED?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They almost became part of the story! If I couldn't figure out how to get rid of them!

      Delete
  5. I totally see the Snow White resemblance. It's like Snow White set in the roaring 20's, especially with that low-hanging lavalier and that hardo... Snow White and the Seven "Johns." Or something.

    ReplyDelete